Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy2286

Vendor
Sep 20, 2002
US
I have a couple of Panasonic customers (I usually stick to Nortel, but won't give up any work). One in particular has some issues that have recently surfaced.

The system is a KXTD1232.

A couple of phones quit generating DTMF after some time on the phone. (this is a medical office, and they call quite often to verify information through automated systems). There seems to be no rhyme-or-reason to the issue. I could not reproduce it. The person complaining about it said that the tones TOTALLY go away.
--if they can't duplicate it, I am hard pressed to fix it. I was wondering if there is a certain sequence to STOP dtmf from being generated, maybe they were hitting those digits. I know it's a long shot, so anything else would be helpful.

The other issue is a CO port that drops calls after 3 seconds. Every call, no matter what line is coming in.

It is line 5. I checked all the settings that I could find, and they are all the same as the other ports (with no problems). I even changed some of the settings, to try to compound the problem...then changed them back. I also swapped the rj11 jack into the system, swapping lines 5 and 6 with lines 7 and 8. The problem stayed on the port.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gene

sounds like you need to swap out the ksus or get a
replacement internal board

maby the dtmf fault is linked to the fault on line 5 cwc3 is right seems like the ccu is shot there should be no problem getting replacment parts

peter

co to co disconnect setting in your COS and the DTMF problem can also be fixed I have worked on it before but I cant recall the fix or if it wasx just a short coming of the PBX but I am pretty sure there was a fix. Ill post tuesday if I remember

I checked the settings...all of the settings on the CO ports are the same. I even tried to change a bunch of the settings, then change them back (just incase there was some form of "corruption" in the programming). No dice.

what are you using for a program for programing
have you tried to reintialize the system?
really sounds like you took a hit do you have a spare ksu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back