Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic Printer error codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim03

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
GB
I have a Panasonic KX-P6300 laser printer. A few days ago, when I switched it on, the red 'Error' light stayed on after warm-up. When I tried to print a document, the on-screen popup said the error code was E31.

Does anybody know what this means, and how to fix it?

Thanks

Jim

The E31 Error is common to a lot Panasonic laser printers.

The SERVICE MANUAL for the KXP-4420 reads as follows for the E31 Error:

"Fuser temp below 356`F(180`C) for 1 minute or fuser temp below 190`F(88`C) 40 seconds after power on or open thermister. Then it refers you to a chart diagram to follow in diagnosing the problem.

All my research to solve this problem on my KXP 4420 suggested that 99 times out of 100 the actual fuser unit was OK and the real problem was a bad/cold solder joint on the board in the power supply unit. It is relatively straight forward if you have done a bit of electronics kit building. A professional technician should have no trouble!

Hope this helps.
~Apex1x
Miller's Law:
You can't tell how deep a puddle is until you step into it.

Thanks - I'll have a look sometime in the next few days! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back