Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic phones and e-metrotel UCx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beoling

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2021
US
I recently saw a video from e-metrotel showing a Panasonic phone working on their UCx. Does anyone know if the Panasonic digital phones will work with their DSM16?

They have a video on their Youtube page showing a KX-DT543 working. This being a digital phone, would makes sense that it will run off of the DSM16. Speculation on my part, but would make sense.

Video link?
I don't think they would work unless if they use the same protocol.
Perhaps you say KX-UT series SIP Phone(KX-UT133, KX-UT136 etc). They look almost the same in physical appearance.

Does the UCx support SIP?

Wanet Telecoms Limited

E-MetroTel has a Panasonic system in their test lab - the goal is to make the digital series KXT76xx - KXDT3xx and KXDT5xx work on the DSM-16
We have signed up to be a beta trial once they get it all worked out - more to come when they do

UCx is SIP compatible - we have used 3rd party SIP wireless antennas working on the UCx

I spoke to someone that talked to me about the Beta program for Panasonic to Galaxy and they told me I could sign up for it. Evidently if you go to their website in the Quick Contact section at the bottom of the home page, you can request to be part of the Beta program. It should be ready in a couple of weeks and they told me they would give me the beta software when it was ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back