Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic PBX System VoIP and Software based alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknoloji

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2021
TR
What would you recommend as a VoIP and virtualization compatible alternative to the Panasonic NS700 System, suitable for today's technology?
The current system is not enough for our company anymore, we are planning to replace it in near future.
I know that Panasonic PBX systems will be the end of life: sbcltd.co.uk/panasonic-pbx-telephone-systems-discontinued/

You are not going to get anything like the Panasonic or a system that will be able to use any of the Panasonic IP or digital phones

3cx,yeastar are good for self hosting.
LG are a good system either

We are going down the 3cx route, after a lot of testing. Each system has its own limitations and after years of knowing the Panasonic limitations, I guess we will have to learn it all over again

E-Meterotel supports Panasonic phones I believe,
We have moved to NEC, struggle recomwhich I probaly wouldmend, IPECS (LG) is probaly one of the only other options for an on-prem kit around the Panasonic price point to support digital phones etc, I wasn't a massive fan of these systems back when I worked on them but i'd take them over NEC for sure.
Unify is fairly good kit, I have a number of them out there.
As OBT also said, 3CX is good too, not tried yeastar but I believe it's the sister company of yealink which phones are great.

Calum M
ACSS

If you already have Panasonic Phones(Digital, IP or Analog), i would recommend E-Meterotel.
If you are starting fresh, Yeastar is a good choice - does not require licensing to add users and is very easy to manage.
Yeastar will also support Panasonic KX-UT & KX-HDV series SIP Phones.
Yeastar pricing is affordable too.

Wanet Telecoms Limited

LG UCP is a great platform. hardware or software based now with V5

Only just started playing with 3CX which I am running on AWS but looks ok so far

eMetrotel would be a good fit. Their Galaxy mini requires no licenses and it expands to 64 extensions. They support both the digital and proprietary Panasonic phones as well even if the switch is cloud based. I have also heard they are working on an analog phone similar to the KX-7716. eMetrotel is a US/Canada based company where Yeastar is Chinese and 3CX is in Cyprus. I know a lot of Canadian Panasonic dealers are also pushing eMetrotel as well. I have worked with them in the past and have had great success working with them. Just my $.02.

If you have a Panasonic and want to keep any part of it, your best option is the Emetrotel UCX. Not only do you get to reuse your existing phones, you can use other proprietary phones as well.....like Nortel and Avaya plus just about any sip phone on the planet. They also have their Infinity One mobile app which is far superior to any other out there including Microsoft Teams. The emetro system can be also be hosted or premise based as well as a byod setup.

Full disclosure.....I have been working with the emetrotel system since they started up and to date have not found anything that is as flexible and cost-effective as the UCX. Sure, there are lots of Asterisk based systems out there that work very well but most of them are relegated to using sip phones. Gives you a lot of choice but is a forklift effort and generally requires a serious look at the customer's network/cabling setup. I've had to deal with people who chose sip based systems for their cheaper price and wound up spending teice as much on cabling updating and upgraded internet services. Most have regretted their choices.

The foray into Panasonic is emtrotel's latest addition to their portfolio and from what I've been exposed to, is poised to be just as successful as the Nortel stuff. I went with them 10 years ago and am still there going strong. Wouldn't waste my time with any other manufacturer. Their hardware is top notch and their engineers are among the best i've ever worked with.

Looking at this thread, you have several systems you can choose from but for my money, you will not go wrong selecting emetrotel. They support everything they sell with a great team.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Can anyone using the Emetrotel UCX with the Panasonic sets tell me if the 24 button phones can be used for CO line and or DSS keys as they would on a Panasonic PBX?

We do many large residential properties and the DSS buttons are vital to call the other extensions without having to use a directory or dial extensions manually.

Also do they only direct or through distributors like Jenne, Target, Teledynamics...

What is the exact Panasonic model of phone you have.....is it the KX-T7625B?

Both of those models are on the drop-down list and the buttons are programmed just as you would a Nortel set. You can easilly configure extension numbers on the keys for autodial and BLF functions. As for CO trunks, you can program Shared Call Appearance buttons on them so they will ring and appear on incoming calls just like the old Nortel R&A assignments but you cannot select them independently to dial out on....they must be routed similar to PRIs on a BCM/Norstar. The SCA keys will show the line in use, on hold, ringing etc and you can answer calls on them directly and/or pick up a call that is being held so pretty darn close to Nortel R&A programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back