Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic maintenance console

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidypants

Technical User
Feb 8, 2010
GB
hi all,

Anyone know where to download the PBX maintenace console??

I don't Know what country you are in but here you have to be a certified dealer to access the dealer website and download

Hello,

I'm looking for the same thing.

I just bought a KX-TDA15 to install at my house. I'm an experienced engineer and i have installed PBXs in the past. I would like to install it myself and i have no trouble doing so, but i can't seem to find this software anywhere. Could someone help me out please?

I can assure you that i'm not trying to steal your work or undermine your training or that i'm going to use it commercially. Just not happy to pay someone to do something i enjoy doing myself.

Also the fact that Panasonic are not shipping the software with it and is not publically available or won't supply it on request is actually illegal. Since i paid for it i can do whatever i want with it.

Its not illegal here in the USA no certificate and dealer Id no console! and as far as buying it here
no dealer id you can't buy the gear either see how tidy it is and guess what if you did manage to buy a TDA/TDE/NCP here
you would have I giant paper weight if you didn;t have the credentials to register it !!

News flash you don't need the software for the tiny tda-15
the whole thing can be programed in a hour through the keypad on a DT or 7600 series display phone!!

Here in the UK it's all dealer only and we have our own access to the software. The smaller systems come with the CD just not the TDA's.

Back in the early days of PBX sales, manufacturers sold boxes with RTU's (rights to use) licenses. If you bought the license, you could use the feature. If you SOLD the PBX, the RTU's had to be purchased again. It wasn't illegal then, and it's not illegal now.

In the US, a Panasonic dealer is licensed to sell the product and install it. An end user is not. It may be a stupid rule, but it's still the rules.

LkEErie

Since you paid for it you can do whatever you want with it.
Panasonic can do same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back