Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KX-TDA30 BRI problems .

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcevoy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2014
GB
Hi ALl .

I have A Pana. KX-TDA 30 that is having issues with BRI . Here is what i have experienced so far .

Lines 1&2 drop out intermittently leaving only 2 line out of 4 working .
System is set point to point . BT Tell me the lines are set point to point .
I have Changed out the BRI 2 card to no Avail . Issue still occurring .
Tested Lines with a Argus 25 ISDN tester . Lines seemed to be changing protocol between Point to point and Point to multi point (Never seen this before in my over 10 years in telecoms ) .

And now BT Are saying Right when tested . and are laying Blame on the system .
I have not had any formal Panasonic training and may be missing something .

Any help will be Appreciated .

Thanks . J

Settings should be layer 1 and 2 are permanent, point to point and fix0

Have you tried swapping bri port 1 with port 2 to see if the problem follows the line or stays on the port 1

Hi Thanks for your reply .

I have checked the settings and they match your suggestion . I have also uploaded a copy of the config witch can be viewed with the unified maintenance console .

I have swapped the ports on the system and the lines dropped off in 3&4 instead of 1&2 so it does seem to follow the lines .

Thanks .

J .

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6ea3779a-2689-4c71-9009-0b49fa4b34f4&file=APC_20.2.15
It sounds like a line problem alright, I had a look at the dsys file and it look good.

I did think that the setting for ISDN protocol set to BT domestic is no longer used in the UK and they all now use 8: euro ISDN

I am in Ireland so I am not 100% sure about that. I have had few old 1232 left on BT setting and did not make any difference.

BT have finally admitted Fault at the exchange .

Thanks for the Help .

Warm regards .

John .

This can be Closed off I can't see how to do it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back