Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KX-TDA15 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

samven

Technical User
Nov 4, 2003
GB
I have a KX-TDA15 to look after now, the maintenance company called to renew contract and next day, all phones stopped ringing except accounts!! As a warehouse I need all phones to ring on incoming calls, how do I achieve this?

Do you have access to the programming tool?
If not its no doubt going to be a vendor job.
The maint tools are all password protected from panasonic site.

HOwever may be worth checking your running mode That is it has not accidently been put into night/lunch/break mode.

if not in night mode sounds like the original installer may have dialed in and induced a problem after you decided not to retain their services.

It has probably been reset to default values, is the accounts phone Extn 101 or 201.

in default, the destination for all incoming is the default operator which is the first numbered extn.

if this is the case then i would ring Panasonic Head Office in your country and report the maintenance company for doing this.
I know that in Australia, Panasonic would take away a dealership for doing something like that.

trot does the 15 have a remote card available?
just guessing we only have the 50 here?

Hi all, thanks for your replies,
TheProvider - yes I do have access to the programming tool, have not had chance to connect yet (just downloaded fron Panasonic). Also NightService still goes where it should (voicemail)
cwc3 - Night service OK, also been advised maintainer has dialled in for changes previously.
Trotski - accounts phone = 21

CWC3, here in Aust we don't have the 15 or the 50 just the TDA30 I think that they are the same box and would have the same facilities

Samven, get into the system as soon as you can and change the passwords so that noone can stuff with your settings
The best way to have all your phones ring is to put all of them into an ICDG Group and point your CO lines to the F/N of the ICDG in DIL programming
I'm assuming that your lines are PSTN.

Trotski - Thanks I will (subject to the password not having been changed by maintainer) will keep all informed of progress.

Trot does the aussie version of the 30 come with a bri card
in it out of the box?

here in ireland we have the TDA15 & TDA30 the 15 comes out of the box with 2 BRI + 4 digi,DXDP,& XDP.the 30 comes 0 + 0

there isnt a modem card for the 15 just the TDA30 and remote programming on the TDA15 is done over the bri channell

peter (

so it is plausable that the vendor connected remotely
and chaged something?

CWC3, no the AUST TDA30 comes only with 4 inbulit DHLC circuits, Line cards added as needed + opt for remote modem

sounds like the ausie 30 is nearly the same as the usa 50

Password has been changed by the maintainer, I have asked them to supply it to me as I was not given it.

Password has been changed by the maintainer, I have asked them to supply it to me as I was not given it.
Take out the SD card
user a card reader to copy off the dssys file (replace the SD card in the system)
Use the management tool to open the offline DSSYS file, you will be able to get the password from there

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

i'dd write a nasty gram and send it to panasonic
tell them what the vendor did!!

Vendor's like that we don't need in this industry you must report them to Panasonic.

do as MattKnight says with the SD card reader and do not leave any passwords as default.

If you make enough noise about this the Panasonic Tech support guy will probably program the box for you.

yes if you do not feel comfortable the may dial in and reset

Thanks guys, will source a card reader ASAP, thanks all for your help. Will keep you updated

Or find another reseller!

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back