Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KX-TDA 200 certification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrock

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2008
I was wondering if someone could help me? My company owns a Panasonic KX-TDA 200 and we have been paying a phone guy 85 bucks every time we need to make small little changes. Which has been monthly here recently. I wanted to know where I can get certified so I can get the Maintenance Console and program the system without having to pay him everytime. I am the dedicated IT support tech so this shouldnt be an issue with knowledge i just need to find out where to get certified and the approximate cost. Any Help would be great. Thanks in advance

I believe you would need to be a certified panasonic dealer to be certified by panasonic; However, you may be able to get certified through another dealer for an unknown cost. Remember this though, We as vendors pay dearly for our training (money and time and buying systems) and you paying your vendor for adds, moves, and changes is how we make our living, so do not be disappointed if you find that no one wants to give up this information easily.
We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

I do understand. I am not trying to cut any corners. I am willing to go through the proper channels and if there are non available then I will keep paying my phone guy. However we are a small business as well and I think you would do the same if you could cut out any amount of cost(for outsourcing) that could be done in house. I do appreciate your input and assistance.

The training cost is about $800. If you're paying $85 for software changes without a site visit, you probably need to discuss this with your vendor and find a new one. Our TDA's are on customer computers that we access to make the changes remotely. We don't charge for 30 minutes or less a month, then we have a reduced rate for not rolling the vehicle.

Just a thought.

LkEErie

I guess I need to find a new phone vendor then because my phone guy doesn't have remote access so he has to come out for something as simple as changing one of our DID's to a different greeting in the PM hours. You said the cost is about 800 dollars. I would be more than happy to pay that i just do not know where to go for training and such. And if i have to be employed by a reseller?

Thanks for all the help

first of all where are you all located? 2nd I would be more than glad to give you maint. contract on your system since it sounds like most of your issues are programming or MAC work. With a maint. contract your dept. can budget that amount every year and you know that our phone support will cost "x" amount every year providing the good lord doesnt bear down on your office with lightening flood or union strikes all of which I believe are acts of God, Mother Nature or otherwise reasonably explainable by Darwin's theories,but if you are a Scientologist then just dont reply at all!(a little levity)
I am confident that not only can we help you save some money and maybe even show your superiors some ways that phone system can start putting money back in their pockets instead of having to always be paying out to keep it properly maintained.

I was wondering if someone could help me? My company owns a Panasonic KX-TDA 200 and we have been paying a phone guy 85 bucks every time we need to make small little changes. Which has been monthly here recently. I wanted to know where I can get certified so I can get the Maintenance Console and program the system without having to pay him everytime. I am the dedicated IT support tech so this shouldnt be an issue with knowledge i just need to find out where to get certified and the approximate cost. Any Help would be great. Thanks in advance"

sell 50 year and maybe they'll make you a dealer!!

all kidding aside put a modem or lan card in the system and anyone that is a dealer can dial in .I personally do
quick changes like you describe like a d.i.d change for the my customersc for free whilst I am talking to them also the PA manager may be an option for you. S

Sorry for bargeing, in the software pbx unified maintenance console the client can have the acces of administrator level only whit some acces.

Un client peut et doit changer des chose de base.

name,speed dials,bottons,ect... basic only

The software was create for that.

Besides the maintenance console, a competent dealer can give you access to ADMIN programming from both the console and a PT display phone. It requires a Class of Service change, access, and training, but you could have the ability to modify the parameters to change ring assignments and destinations.

The only thing I tell my customers is that we make a backup of the database as of the day we install the system. If the coustomer makes any changes, they will be lost if the system has to be restored from backup.

I guess the best thing you can do is talk this over with your dealer, and share your concerns about wanting to administer your own changes. If he is unwilling, then it's time to get someone else to maintain your system.

LkEErie

can you give the customer a the ability to change d.i.d
destinations and clip and clid info?

Would that be 604-606 and 620-623? It's in the PT-Programming manual for TDA 100 3.2+ systems and the TDA family, available on your local Panasonic website.

LkEErie

In the maintenance console there is a way to turn on and off what each login has access to view.
Eg Manufacturer has everything
Install has almost everything
Admin can do Extension changes, DID changes, COS changes
User can only do extension changes.

All of that is flexible though so you can actually remove access to certain menus for each individual login.

still would like to know what the usa mgr pass is if you ever figuire it out!!

oh yeah. i had a look on the ftp but at the office we can't dl anything from ftp's. crazy it guy is paranoid that we'll dl a virus or something. when i next get a few free mins i'll rip it off there and sort it out for ya.

thanx check out pictures of my new kitchen progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back