Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic kx-td1232 programming 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

extention

Technical User
Jul 5, 2005
CA
Hi I am trying to change default extension number (program 003 and 100)
I was used to program kxt1232 and this one is different.
I am unable to set new values
Anyone has a hint
What is an extension block exactly? (on program 100 flexible numbering)
thanks
MB

If you need to add new extinction block like 03 you must delete or change all service that starting with number 3
Number 6 it used for one service and you can delete it from No. 38 at program 100 after you set new extinction block go to program 003 and change any number you need

Rami

Hi Rami thank you for your tip
My KX-td1232 is finisched programming but
unfortunately, I m still unable to change default extension number (program 003 and 100)
I would like to use numbers that aren't used (I think), but it would not save the new number. For instance I would like to use no 500, 400, 300, and other no in the 100 and 200 series that arn't used...
I can't delete default extension number (program 603) in orther to be able to set new extension block.

How would you difine an extension block?
Is it any group of extensions that begin with, for instance, number 3?
thanks
MB

You won't be able to use those other blocks because further along, the leading digit of each will be used for feature codes, like call forward, etc.. You would need to delete them, and then re assign that leading number to the extension block, and then find a free number for the feature code that you deleted...

You Can Change Delete the "*" speed dial Code and then change all your Code using *50 for Hold &*55 For Door Release. That way you free up your 500 ext. no . It's how is done witht the TDA System.

Find out from your cliet which feature codes are unused within the office (generally you find that most of the feature codes are rarly if ever used)
this should give a number of head digits to use.

Alternatly you could change the Number scheme to a 4 digit Extn Number.
The Extension blk is those numbers that have a head digit assigned in Prog 300 (default 1,2,3)change this to 11,12,13-10 in extn Blk 1-10 and you will have 1000 Extn numbers to use instead of only 300(as in default programming)thus the distictive numbers 100, 200,300 etc
become 1100,1500,and so on one extra digit to dial gives you many more possiblites without having to change any of the feature codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back