Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KX-TD 1232 Night mode issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

James991985

Technical User
Feb 5, 2014
US
System is a KXTD 1232, I went into programing to see if the night mode message that is played when an outside caller calls will hear, is recorded. The message is there but, when I put the system into night mode and a caller calls they don't hear the night mode message, but hear the message from extension 101 mail box instead. Has anybody came across this issue and can you help.
Thanks.

Where is the night message recorded and where are the calls directed in night mode (Ddi or dil table for night)

When I go press intercom, 165, and option 4( mailbox options) Where it gives the option to change your night service message, and I listen to it, the correct message is there in the night service message. Is there another location I need to check in programing and if show do by chance know the program code to check it in. Is there a designated night service extension that it needs to be set up as, because under option 5 I believe is the after hours option, it is set to extension 101. FYI, this problem happened after they changed the temporary message, but they always delete the temporary message and let it go back to the night service mode, because they were in a meeting, they have done this for years with out any issues. Thanks

First of all, the box playing the messages has a number. What is it? How do you record the "night message" and what is supposed to make it play the night message?

A TVS style voice mail system can use PBX control for day/night switching, or time of day in the earlier ones. Also, you point it to a Custom Service greeting. In ours, we use 30 for day main and 60 for night main, leaving room for sub messages (ie 33 is day option 3).

If you don't have a map of the layout and options of the voice mail, you'll need to get a Panasonic tech or go into the serial port of the box and read and map it. No matter what, start with the model number and a manual of the system.

LkEErie

Is there a Panasonic kxtd 1232 software I can install on my pc and if so will it run on windows 7 and where can I get it.

There is, but what does it have to do with your problem? The manual for the voice mail system is the place to start. That, and a copy of puTTy or the TVx maintenance console that came with the Voice Mail is the place to start.

LkEErie

Is there a putty you can recommend and what site I download it.

Ok I found that the auto service is on ext 165. I went into programming(408) and changed all lines to be enabled. Went to(510) and the changed cos 1 to night mode. After that I left programing and went intercom 165, and change the pushed 4 for after hour services and enabled class of service 1. But when I put the night mode on and call into the main number, I get the Auto Attendent now. It gives the option to dial by last name, but does not say leave a message. I was woundering if I missing a step somewhere of if the voice proccing unit is not working right.

We have people like you all the time. Ready, Fire, Aim.

Almost a week ago, you were asked WHAT SYSTEM DO YOU HAVE.

My guess is nobody will reply to your posts until you identify what box you have.

Got it?

LkEErie

I have a KX-TD 1232 system with a KX-TVA50 voicemail system. The voicemail system is plugged into extension 102 port.

You have posted tvA and tvS. Which is it? There are 2 different versions of the TVS and software upgrades for the TVA. Early TVS models were fairly inflexible as far as following the PBX for greetings and the like. The TVA's program from a Windows machine on the USB port and the TVS's from a serial port and a terminal program.

LkEErie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back