Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic KTX 1232 8 port station model KXTD 170

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd381960

Vendor
Feb 7, 2005
US
need to replace a KXTD 170 on old KTXD 1232
this is the module that mounts out side the KSU and has a ribbon cable that plugs into
main cabinet
my ? is can this module be replaced with power on ? hot swap ?
or do I have to risk losing all data and power down phone system

Help Please

How do you plan on losing the data? It's held in memory by a capacitor, so powering down the system shouldn't do anything as long as the DIP switch is in the right position. Do not try hot swapping the card.

LkEErie

You cannot swap the module hot, it would probably cause a lot of grief if you did.

Capacitors are used in a lot of Nortel switches, but the Panasonic uses a 3V lithium battery. The TD1232 uses a CR2354.

Why not simply back it up to a PC with the maint software? Then you could even solder in a new Lithium cell and get another 5 to 10 years of memory life once you restore the system from the file you created.

Pat MacKinnon
Omni Telecommunications Inc.,
London, Ontario, Canada

My 1232 and 816 dash nothing demo systems are still running fine and the batteries still hold there programing and it s always a go idea to backup the system before changing hardware if you have the software....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back