Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic DBS 96 erratic behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmfiftyfan

Programmer
Mar 9, 2006
US
Hello Got a customer with a DBS 96 that has absorbed several lightning hits over the years. Frequently the front desk console will freeze up with all leds lit solid red. The system will also put itself in nite mode and calls that should ring the front desk will ring in the offices down the hall. Lots of other strange stuff going on too.
Should I start by replacing and reprograming the processor?
Can the customer file be moved electronically from one processor to another on this very old system? Could the power supply somehow be the culprit? Need help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

do you have the dbs manager software?do you not think its time for a new system?

Thanks cwc3. I do have dbs manager software. My company has tried repeatedly to get the customer to rid themselves of this dinosaur. Does the processor sound like a good place to start? Power supply maybe? We're also thinking about telling them they are sol and not taking a chance on opening the fabled "can of worms". Thanks in advance for your response.

That system is dying.

So your going to take more money of the customer to
go through more misery.

Let them bite the bullet and change it before it bites the dust

dbs is a good reliable system we probably still have 30 to 40 in the field that we maintain. it sounds like a processer you need a ram transfer card to swap the programming . the night service problem could be due to going into programing on the reception phone this will put the syste into night service when you are programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back