Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic and Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tele-tech

Technical User
Apr 21, 2021
CA
Hey there,

We have quite a few clients out there using Gmail for their voicemail to email service. As of May 30 2022, Gmail will no longer be supporting the use of "less secure apps" that are using their email servers, such as the NSX.

Gmail said:
To help keep your account secure, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password. Instead, you’ll need to sign in using Sign in with Google or other more secure technologies, like OAuth 2.0. Learn moreWhat do you need to do?

An app or device that uses Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) to send emails using your Google Account has less secure access to your Gmail. This might be an older device, like a printer or scanner. To continue using your Google Account with this app or device:

App – remove your Google Account from the app or device and sign in again using Sign in with Google
Device – change your device’s settings so that you’re using more secure sign-in technology

A lot of those clients are SMB, and as such don't have domains and are using gmail for their day to day emails as is.

I've spoken with Panasonic, and they have no plans to address the issue. From my understanding, Outlook is the same(although Office365 does work with the latest NS700 firmware).

Does anyone have a work around for this? If not, does anyone use a different email provider for these types of customers?

Cheers

There are a few free smtp relays you can use. Some of them you can send up to 9,000 a month for free.

Oh yeah? Do you have a preferred one you know of that I can look into?

is TVM work with 365 ? if i change the gmail account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back