Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm Vx not synchronizing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschmootz

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2002
US
I have a user with an IBM Thinkpad T41 (do not have a serial port) and new docking station with serial port that will not synchronize with PDA using Intellisynch or ActiveSync. Get's error using Intellisynch: An application failed to initialize.
MS ActiveSynch does not even see the Palm Vx on COM1 although it sees it as available. Infared port is enabled. Having the user try again after disabling the IR port. Win XP Pro. Any other suggestions?

First of all, does your user synch with palm desktop and the hotsynch program that follows with the device?

If so, try to change from COM1 to COM2. I have experienced that the palm applications do mix them together. Changing them though will fix the problem.

Let me know if it works.

dschmootz, first of all, if its a m130, you would not be using Active Sync. You would be using Palm desktop. Just go to download the software for your palm and install it. Through USB, you would need the version of Palm Desktop for your model since the USB drivers are specific to the PDA. Each version of Palm Desktop has drivers for certain palm models. If you were using the com port, you would be able to use any palm version since com ports are generic.

Thanks Brain and Euro. Brain, I already tried that..no luck though. Final soultion was removing unknown devices in "Device Manager" and reloading software. All's well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back