Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm Vx not hotsyncing,,,,,,Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allwest

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2002
US
I'm not able to hotsync my PAlm Vx to my desktop on a windows 2000 workstation. I've tried to reinstall the Palm software, use another com port, switching com ports with the modem, cleaning the cradle/handheld connections,...and still doens't work. At this point I'm not sure what to do. I've had the problem before with another user and was able to fix the sync issue just by switching com ports. Could there be a com port conflict? Com ports seem to be working properly. Any suggestions please!?!?!?

do you get any messages on the palm screen or on the desktop? Is there anything in the log? What are your local settings for the palm on com1?

I've had the same problem. Double check the settings on the palm itself. Does any messages pop up, like "create a new account"? Has this palm been configured before? Did it hot synch before?

The palm used to sync. At one point this happened before, so I swapped com ports with the modem. Was good for about a month then stopped syncing again. Tried to swap them back with no luck. The palm itself doesn't request to setup a new user account. All the settings are correct,..I've checked and double checked.

Same thing for me. I have three PC's and three cradles. One of them has just stopped working, after having worked for a couple of years. I have tried it with a different cradle (I have lots) and with a "travel" synch, no difference. I am going to take it to one of my other offices to see if it will still synch there, and will let you know. How long should a particular physical palm last, anyway? Do the connections just wear out?

Although this thread is a little old, for anyone who may be having similar issues they may want to check out thread601-553761 in case that's the cause of the problem....

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back