Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm V synching problem with Lotus Organizer 2.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

peelingk

MIS
May 7, 1999
CA
Visit site
Background:<br>
I have a client who used to own a Palm III. We used third party software called Intellisync from Puma Technolgies in order to synchronize Lotus Organizer 2.11. Lotus Organizer was running from a network drive in a Netware 4.11 environment with Windows 95. We installed a local copy of Orgainzer so that it would work with Intellisync. So the client actually had a network copy of Organizer he used to create meetings and stuff, then he would close that and run the local copy in order to sychronize the information with the Palm III. The mail was being synchronized with Outlook 97. All was working well.<br>
<br>
The client purchased a Palm V, and installed the software on his own. All was working well for a few weeks, then the client realized that the To-Do list and Memo's were not being synchronized. He would create items on the Palm Pilot, but they would not transfer to the computer during a HotSync and would disappear from the Palm. Under the custom settings of HotSync, the conduit settings for the Intellisync To-Do and Memo are both set at &quot;Do Nothing&quot;. Clicking on change does nothing. The settings under Intellisync have them both synchronized.<br>
<br>
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Intellisync with no results. Using Intellisync 1.6.2.<br>
Any ideas how I can change the conduit settings to &quot;synchronize&quot;?

Have you checked the &quot;Set as Default&quot; checkbox in the Change dialog box?&nbsp;&nbsp;If you don't do this then it won't use the setting on the next hotsync.&nbsp;&nbsp;Make sure it is checked then whichever option you choose, in your case &quot;Syncronise the files&quot;, becomes the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back