Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

palm v drained - what can i do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlien5

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
GB
i recharged my palm and left i recharging overnight. now i can not turn it on - it does not respond at all. this has never happened before. i am very worried that i have lost data which i hadn't yet hotsynched.
if i plug it in to my travel charger it still does not go on.
please tell me what i can do.
many thanks
charlie

have you tried pushing the hard reset button to see if that will revive it?

What model is it and how many years have you been using the same battery? if the battery is baked, it's baked, and you will have nothing to work with until you get a new unit.

PLEEEZ more details so we can help... Email me! denodave@yahoo.com
Real men pray...especially techies!

Sounds like the Palm has lost its way. You might want to try a soft reset. Take a paperclip and on the back, press lightly until you feel a switch depress and then release. Look at the front of the Palm and if it whows the palm logo, then it should fire up just fine. If you have nothing on the screen, then the only thing left to do is a hard reset.

Soft resets do not lose data, Hard reset will put the Palm back into the state of when you first bought it.

Hope this helps

Have a nice day ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back