Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm Pilot Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgr430

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
Hi,

I have the Palm M130. The palm pilot sometimes freezes and then forces me to reset the palm pilot. Then I lose all the info that I had placed inside. Lately, it hasn't been happening but it happened twice in about the last 3 months. I don't know if it is the battery. Can anyone offer any tips for me?

Thank you.

Are you in a specific application when the freeze occurs? Does an error message appear on the screen (fatal alert, etc)?

AlphaGuy

It usually happens when I take it out of its cradle when I am charging the battery. I don't know maybe I am leaving it in the cradle too long and it might be wearing out my battery.

It hasent happened in a while (thank GOD). It just saying something like data will be lost. One time it just started blinking for a half an hour and I had to bang my hand on the battery for it to stop blinking.

It just forces me to reset my palm pilot for no reason at all.

Thanks a lot for your reply [glasses]

Have you checked the Palm website? They have a pretty good troubleshooting section.

I had a similar problem with mine - it turned out a shareware program I had installed was corrupting the system memory - requiring a complete re-initialization, as you are describing.

Leaving it in the cradle should not be a problem.

Yeah I checked the Palm website but I didn't look into it that much. I haven't installed any software into it. I just use it for its basic functions calender, to do lists etc..

But that is a good point. I should check the Palm website to see if theres any tutorials or help manuals. Thanks Pentode [rednose]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back