Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm OS Database Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattnhs

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
GB
I've recently bought a Palm M105 and am looking for a database program so I can write databases on the move. Does anyone know where I can get one from?

There are two database programs that work well with the Palm and the Windows/Macintosh desktop. They are:

HanDbase :
Smartlist to Go :
I have both of them on my Palm. They have there strengths and weakness's. Check out each one, then make a decision

I do not know of any Freeware or shareware database programs for the Palm. sorry about that

Curt

Hi!
how about going to google.com and doing a search on
freeware pda database. Lots of hits. Good luck!

Please do come back comment on what you found.

I use MobileDB by Handmark ( This is a flat-file database which has file interchangability with Excel and Access. It comes with a couple thousand free databases which are available for download/installation. I've also seen references to MobileDB-lite, which appears to be a stripped down shareware version of the same program.

Pencel Kinectivity is a choice. I built a system with over 40 tables and complex relationships, index, and cursors among them.

What happend to Pencel Kinectivity? The link to the web site is no longer pencel.com. Did it change its name?

Thanks

HanDbase is pretty good. You can convert most database files to HanDbase if they can be exported as .CSV files. Have problems with their "Forms" feature though. DB files reside in PDA main memory.

There is an open-source Palm DB available called Polit-DB:

It's free, and has plugins that support databases in JFile and MobileDB. I just ran across this a few days ago, and I've downloaded all sorts of DBs (from that all seem to work perfectly in Pilot-DB. Try it and see if ti does what you need.

RalphB

I use SmartListToGo (used to be called ThinkDB), a relational database, and I sync to Access 97 tables, etc. I'm very pleased with it. Amongst other things, I use it as a timesheet log and a building condition survey tool.

I downloaded / bought HandBase but I haven't had a chance to play with it yey.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back