Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

paintshop pro Version 5 - browse feature quit working ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jniolon

Technical User
Apr 4, 2023
US
I'm an old dude and continue to use Ver 5. It does what I need. I use the browse feature a lot but lately it has stopped working. When I click on browse I get the buffering "Circle" then the program ends... before it was working perfectly giving me a list of directory to choose from.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the software from orig disk and install the updates I could find...with no fix...
I'm reasonable sure that some obscure windows update killed my browse feature and I really miss it...

Anyone have a clue how to repair ??

TIA

john

Have you by any chance changed the browser preferences without realising. Take a look at the Help section for the Browser on top right of the main screen.

PhilT

Phil, you confused me...sorry are you referring to the in program preferences under the "File" options??

This is what I have

Capture1_vtkruj.jpg
Capture_evyqtq.jpg
Capture2_l1zfx6.jpg

john

Hi,
I am using PSP version 8, so your screens may be a little different to mine. Version 5 is very old.
I was assuming your main screen contained HELP not one of the sub screens. There were a lot of improvements made for versions 7 onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back