Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paint Shop Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberprof

Programmer
Jun 10, 2003
GB
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here we go:

I have just downloaded, several times, the evalution version of PSP8 from the jasc website.

Every time I run the setup I get the message

'The contents of the file cannot be unpacked. Verify the files integrity and try again' I have tried several times.

Is there a problem with my pc, or should I contact jasc regarding the file.

I am running win98SE

Cheers J

Well, JASC could probably answer questions about their product better, however, the one thing I would suggest is cleaning out your temperorary directory.

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
Go there and purge all those files and try again.

Good luck!

Cleaned out my temp folder, still didn't work.

Thanks anyway

J

I would delete the file now and then run scandisk. You might be saving the file to a cross-linked section of the harddrive which is semi-corrupting it.

After you run scandisk, try running defrag and then download it again and try. [thumbsup]

Good luck!

also check HOW you downloaded the file. if you have used download managers such as stardownloader or getright, they split the files in order to download them faster and then reassemble them on your hd. this sometime causes problem when downloading software. i had the same problem you described with many different types of bigger softwares which i downloaded until i found that the download manager was the source of the problem.
If you have to use them look for an option where you can disable filesplitting or just download them the usual way...
Let me know if that helped...

"Sharing knowledge is a way of achieving immortality"

Is it a .zip file and do you have an "unzipping" program...such as WinZip (et.al.).....It couldn't be that simple.....Could it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back