Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueRiver31

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2009
US
I have a customer who has 5 locations. They have amplified paging at each site. All 5 sites are linked together with fiber. They would like to avoid installing an IP Office at each location and just install IP phones at the locations where the IP Office is not located. Does anyone know of hardware that can be used to get the amplified paging back to the IP Office unit(Over the ethernet connection) without installing an IP Office unit at each location.

Try looking at Multi-tech devices. I believe they have a IP to Paging unit of some type.

Thanks for the response dphoneguy24. I found some information and talked with the Multitech tech support on the Multitech Multivoip IP gateways.

Also look at Valcom - they have IP products specifically made for your situation - register to IPO as sip station and provide baseband audio out to paging system.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back