Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighMeridian

Technical User
Oct 20, 2003
CA
After wandering into the local pharmacist with a norstar system, the paging tone was three increasing tones versus the long, retro, BLEHHHHHHHP! Is there any way to change the paging tone? 8X24 w/DR2

They were probably using an external paging system (not through the sets)

AS DHCINC says this could be only with a extenal paging system like Valcom. With the KSU and sets only you will hear the default tone.

I'm not sure, but I have heard this 3-tone paging tone before from Norstar systems, and it definetly is not an external paging system, it was through the sets. Perhaps old software versions had a different tone?

I remember the old 6x16 page over the phones did that. It's definitely old software.
Gabriel

Oh, my goodness! I think my dentist office uses the same thing. 4 lines, All M7208 sets. To page they hit Feature 611 and the same tone sounds. They just have a Bogen tuner and regular speakers, so I think the tone is and internal page tone.

My two cents.

On an unrelated note, always use Valcom (valcom.com) for paging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back