Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging through subreport pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3066

Technical User
Aug 1, 2001
US
Hello group,

In a group header of a main report, I've embedded a subreport. So, the subreport gets invoked for each group header row in the main report.

When I run the main report, the subreport properly displays in my first page preview. Then, however, when I try to use the arrow icons to page through the rest of the report, there's a processing wait time. Eventually, after a significant run time, subsequent report pages do appear.

It's as if the subreport on subsequent pages doesn't get processed until I actually try to preview it.

Page-through processing wait times, of course, don't happen with main reports not containing subreports, so is this lag an inherent feature of subreporting in Crystal? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, SL.

You are correct. The subreport does not process immediately when opening the preview page. I believe this is because the subreport makes a seperate connection to the Database and does not use the one already established by the main report. One thing you could do so that you don't get the delay is to go to the last page immediately when on the preview page. This forces CR to generate the full report then you can then go back to the first page and view the report without the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back