Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging system Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadacon

Technical User
Feb 13, 2007
SA
Hi,
we need to connect PA Amplifier with our option 11
Existing Co line cards are NTCK16BE Rls 03. Some spare ports are available. Could we use spare port of this card
to make paging from phone sets. Also need to know where to connect this co port to amplifier.
With best regards,
Hadacon

If your paging amp has a station port, it would be far easier to just set up an analog DN for people to dial. I find this solution much easier to implement and troubleshoot than a PAG RDB and trunk member.

Hi MagnaRGP
Thank you for your informastion. I do not know any amplifier with station port. You mean amplifier has analog DN port. Any one dials that DN, can page. What about if we like to give access only to one or two persons. Please let me know the PA amplifier that has station port.
My question is still there whether we could use NTCK16BE Rls 03 card or not?.

With best regards,
Shafeeq

My question is still there whether we could use NTCK16BE Rls 03 card or not?."

Yes you can, but set it up as a COT or WATS instead of a PAG Trunk/Route. use TARG/TGAR to prevent most user from using it. Unless you can tell use what kind of pageing system you have we can't tell you where to hook it up. But every paging system I have seen was labeled with Trunk input.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Hellow acewarLock,
Thank you for quick reply as I also need it urgent. Now I could use spare CO Port of my existing CO card.
As I never did this programming before Kindly help me with
necessary codes and steps.

PA Systems mostly has Mic inputs and AUX input. Can some one clear where to connect CO pair to the PA Amplifier

With best regards,
Hadacon

You would need a 600ohm Line interface unit to connect from the trunk Tip/Ring to the Mic or Aux input.

Creat a Trunk route and make it a COT Rt, pick any number for the ACOD and use all the defaults. Then creat a Trunk for that route and connect it to the 600ohm interface.

Trunk is 600 ohm and Mic/Aux is 75 ohm.

Thank you acewarlock do you mean 600 ohm matching transformer to be placed between Trunk line port and the Mic or Aux port of the amplifier.

Hadacon

Yes that is what you will need. The PBX needs 600 ohms, the MIC input needs 75 Ohms.

[PBX]---> 600 Ohms--->[X-FORMER]---> 75 Ohms --->[MIC Input]

911Guru

Valcom makes an adapter you can place between the amplifier and the PBX and works of an analog station port.

another note, check the amp, does it have station level access? it has to answer the line. usually those supply a 600 ohm input..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John Poole
Station level access means that we can connect extension port (analog one). Actually we do not have amplifier yet we will arrange. It is good idea to interface amplifier with station port. We can not allow all the extension users to do paging. How we can restrict un Authorised station users
not to do paging.

Hadacon

if you need restrictions i would use a page trunk.. then tgar/targ is a simple block... station to station blocking is almost impossible

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back