Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging system broke...need help troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpurc71

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2007
US
I have a valcom 2003a which I have 3 zones set up on. I also have a 909a coupler set up. I am not sure how everything is supposed to work...........so it is tough trouble shooting. Can someone tell me how the AUX ports work ex. where the voltage comes from where is it supposed to go as far as the coupler is concerned. And just basic tips on how to trouble shoot the system. I have already replaced the valcom 2003a and all zones still do not page. Looking at replacing the coupler but not sure how to make certian it is bad.

I would busy/reset/release the aux trunk port first

Then try reseting the whole board.

The coupler could go bad but its a passive device so its les likely.

You may have tried this already but its the first thing I usualy do. you migh also try moving it to another aux trunk port.

Also check the amphenol connection. sometimes the connector iteslf gets bumped and jiggles loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back