Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

paging setup hipath 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahid Ali

Technical User
Sep 10, 2017
AE
Dear all,
we have hipath 4000 v5 in our company and i want to setup paging on analog extension as well as digital extension.
anyone please guide me.

Regards,

Paging - is that to come out over a separate loudspeaker ?
Is it to page a pager ?
Please explain more -

To mimplement overhead paging you need to interface your PBX to the paging amplifier. The easiest way without a lot of programming is to get a Station Level Paging Adapter from Valcom. That hooks up to an analog extension and your paging amplifier. When you dial the extension you hear a tone and you can begin speaking. Next in line is to interface a trunk port to your paging amplifier, which usually requires programming to create the trunk,turnk group, access code, routing, etc. Then you connect your trunk to a zone page adapter (Gordon Kapes, Interalia, Valcom) and connect that to your paging amplifier, or if you have one of the Bogen TPA series you might be able to hook that directly to the trunk. Most paging amplifiers want a 600 ohm input if I remember correctly. You would definitely need help with the second method. I have several buildings with paging, but I set all that up at least 10 years ago, and when we upgraded in 2014 the vendor handled all the new trunking setup.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Dear
We have a il Shin Korean paging phone system over loud speaker of 20 watts and 10 watts speaker.
we want paging over Hipath 4000 direct wire in the building does we require any IP PABX interface.

You want to dial from the 4K to this paging system?

You are asking if you need an IP interface on the 4K?

Do you have an IP interface on the pager?

yes Dear
there is one LG ipecs SLTM32 ip Pbx interface is in IL Shin Paging phone system rack.

SLTM32 is a card for 32 analog phones/faxes etc.
The card must be connected to an EricssonLG PBX like LIK, UCP, eMG and there
you can have an IP interface to another PBX like H4K.

If you want a SIP interface from 4K you need an STMI2 S30810-Q2316-X or an STMI4 S30810-Q2324-X500/X510 card. You could configure SIP subscriber or SIP trunk but you'll need free licenses on the 4K to allow it, one license per port/channel.

Thanks Alot Xs650.
ITS connected to EricssonLG PBX UCP SLTM32. Do we ineed any Configuration in Hipath 4000 for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back