Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging Override

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightHawkGA

Vendor
Oct 21, 2011
US
I have a customer that asked about a paging override. They said the on their old system, they had a code they could dial in an emergency which would kick any caller using the paging port and give the paging port to them.

Any ideas on how to duplicate this in IP500 would be greatly appreciated.

I have never seen this feature before
considering the amount of time a paging port would normally be active for I cannot actually see any need.

What system did they have previously & how much paging do they do?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Indeed, customers often lie in order to get you to do things they have always wanted, when in fact you just can't do it and they never could :)

If the term "paging port" equates to external paging - you could do this fairly easily via a second IPO page port and an external mixer with priority. If paging via telephone speakers, you're out of luck.

They page quite a bit however it's the security/procedure guy that called for this. The fear is there is a situation and someone in the middle of a page, drops the phone and runs off leaving the paging system unavailable. I know, pretty unlikely, but they have ammonia refrigeration throughout their building so they are cautious.

The old system was a NEC Electra.

You can enforce a time limit on page calls, so the system will hang up the page automatically after that limit :)

What about doing a call intrude on the paging port...

That might work - you'd get a conference with the first user i.e. the one that has dropped the phoen and run!

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back