Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging over speaker on 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2003
US
I would like to program an extension to page over the speaker on any phones that are not in use. I use an NEAX 2400 IMX. I am not very familiar with the whole system, but do okay working in Matworx.

Any suggestions?

If you want it to go over all phones it is not a feature that is available. AIZP will set up phones in groups of twenty.

It shows 24 available, but how would you page to these phones? (This may be good enough for my purpose)

Jim

You set up a feature code, I used *8.
You limit who can page the phones with a SFC.

In my application you press *801 to page IZP group 1. Ding! All speakers on the DTerms have the caller's voice coming out of them.

Analog phones with the same SFC can dial the feature and group code to page the DTerms, but of course you can't page *to* an analog phone.

Easiest thing for the user is to program a speedial button with the proper dialing string and label the Dterm's desi "Page".
--
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back