Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging on Route 3 Type PAG unreachable from Asterisk PBX in Route 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome_J

Technical User
Feb 10, 2022
CA
Hi, I'm new here and in the past I've always found answer to my question by simply searching the forum, but now I have a very specific question. I've been tasked to migrate our old CS1000 to a new Asterisk based PBX. During this migration both old and new phones need to reach couple paging system we have. There is 2 Routes type PAG to what it seems paging systems. Right now users access page with ACOD 55 and 66 on Route 3 and 6 respectively. Our new Asterisk based PBX is connected to our CS1000 through Route 77 but dialing 55 or 66 on new phones won't work even if dial plans and routes. I even tried to replace the ACOD for an available 4 digits extension number (2555), no luck too. Any pointers would be really appreciated.

It's trying to do a trunk to trunk connection and it's not allowed in the Customer Data Block is my guess

Check these settings in the PBX

LD 15 REQ: CHG
TYPE: NET_DATA
DITI = YES
EXTT = YES
FTOP = FTLY

Make sure they look like this. Particularly the EXTT that is External Trunk to Trunk. The other thing it could be is TARG. Make sure the trunks in the CS1K connected to the Asterisk are TGAR 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back