Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging on Remote IP phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgiesbrecht

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2005
CA
Has anyone had any success getting paging multicast packets to a remote IP Phone. I have a eMG80 and 3 IP phones. 2 are connected over a site to site VPN and 1 is connected over the internet. The remote phones are connected to the system via a unicast connection. I have also tried to call the extension the the # sign to "budge-in" to a set (Voice-Call) and that does not work either. Any hints out there?

Not tested yet but I would play around with zones and page relay between the zones.
Have a look at PGM437/438.

Thanks xs650,

You pointed me in the right direction. With the help of my supplier here is the solution he came up with and it is tested, tried and true!

1. Check the sequences and IP address of your devices (remote devices & VOIM/U)
2. Set your remote devices into a different ZONE from the local devices / KSU
PGM 436: Device Zone Number - Enter sequence of remote phones
Change the zones (ie 2)​
3. Change the remote devices to use a different "Page Area Group"
PGM 437: Device Zone Attribute - Enter sequence of remote phones
Change Attribute 7 - Page Area Group: PAGE AREA GRP 01​
4. In PGM 439: Zone Attributes - Enter the zone of the KSU and other devices
Make sure that 1st RTP Relay Device Slot Seq. = VOIM/U Sequence Number
This will tell the system that it will need to use UNICAST/RELAY to reach the other Zone. Make sure that you have sufficient VOIP/VOIM ports to handle the traffic.​
** CAUTION ** VoIP Channel Usage when paging from SLT device
1 channel for IP device, 1 channel for RTP relay.
More VOIP ports will be used if page from IP device.​

Thanks for the detailed feedback, this is what we need here more often. [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back