Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging on a G450 using a MM714 card. Need help setting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1kahuna

Technical User
Apr 7, 2016
US
Hey guys we just upgraded from a Nortel to an Avaya, I didn't think this would be a big deal but it's turning out that way. The paging was set on trk card on the Nortel system, so we got an MM714. I built the a trunk and built a member to it but I hear nothing when I'm listening to that port. We're using the MM714 because it was using a trunk port on the Nortel system. I have built the 004v808 since that's a trunk port. I have sent an attachment so you can see what I have programmed. I have tried a different MM714 card, I see now it's the way I'm programming it. When I call the TAC #005it say ringing call, I don't hear anything.
I hope some one can help.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=80ab34d9-e59c-4ff9-9d42-9891d16cf592&file=Page1.png
Depends on the paging unit. Might need to provide battery to your trunk port, might be a coupler you need. If you put the model of paging amp, I'm sure someone here can tell you exactly what you need

On my system the group type is wats and the direction is 2 way

Sorry guys I was out sick, the paging unit model is called the London BLU-800 has anybody heard of it? I will try the parameters that was posted as well. I will let you guys know. Thanks for the support.

That's not a paging unit...that's a pro audio auditorium/mega conference room device.

Maybe you need a coupler or a chat with the support people of that device. I'm sure there's a doodad they can suggest that can sit in the middle, or at least tell you exactly what it needs.

Thanks for the info, but I wonder how the 1000E Nortel worked, they didn't have anything special to it HMMM. I'll let you know how it goes.

We guys looks like Avaya is going to solve my paging problem. It took months working with them. The original problem was POP in the beginning of the page and at the POP at end of the Page. Avaya is having me use a UTI1 paging interface which supports the battery for the page. We also program the UTI1 to under the Pre-Announce Confirmation tone, we program it for Inhibit this makes the POP go away in the beginning of the page go away. Avaya is writing a servce pack service pack 2 which will be combined with the paging fix.What they did on the patch is create a 10 second delay at the end, which should enough time after you hang up there is silence and there for you do not here the pop over the loud speaker. We are going to get it first I don't know when it's going to be GA available. The Avaya engineer also used the paging form when we programmed the paging with the access code that's all, no more trunk programming. The UTI1 is Dev-Connected with the CM. Problem solved. Once I get the patch from Avaya I will update you guys on how it went.

This is one happy MAN the frustrations are coming to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back