Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel25

IS-IT--Management
Dec 31, 2002
I am looking for someone who has some experience in connecting the Avaya PBX to an external Valcom paging system. I would like to know how you set up the programming on the Avaya.

I have this running OK. on a G3V11. What software are you running and what type of Valcom equipment do you have.

Hope I can Help
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

We are running V11 also. I want to use a V-2003A Valcom three zone page control unit. I want to interface with the Avaya on a loop start trunk. I would like to use a 2 digit access code such as 31 or 32 along as it is not used for some other purpose in the Avaya.
Would it be possible to get a snapshot of the programming on the page trunk that you have installed.

My system is using a aux card and a 909 coupler. Below is the only programming I can remember.

display paging loudspeaker SPE A
LOUDSPEAKER PAGING

CDR? n
Voice Paging Timeout (sec): 90
Code Calling Playing Cycles:

PAGING PORT ASSIGNMENTS
Voice Paging Code Calling
Zone Port TAC COR TN TAC COR TN Location:
1: 02B1901 118 54 1 1 PAGING

I think if you have a loop start trunk Xconn the Tip&Ring to the Valcom T&R. My wiring is more complex due to the Sneak fuse and 909 coupler. All holdover from a V6 original load.
Keep in mind that Valcom help desk is very good. I've used them in the past with great success.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Why would you use a loopstart circuit and not just an analog extension off of the definity?

just curious.

I always used some sort of trunk so I can use a access code. Someone mis-dials the extension you have someone going HELLO HELLO over the paging system. Second I have a 19 zone page system. I need an access code followed by the zone.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Interesting. I have generally used valcom equipment that requires a dtmf tone that controls that.

So, by using a loopstart ckt, how do you control who can access it?

First only the people that need to know the codes know. Second FRL's will allow only certain sets to dial the access code.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back