Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging in IPO 500V2 with Bogen amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straggle

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
Hello,
I just installed an Avaya IP Office 500V2(basic mode) for a customer with an existing Bogen TPU-35

I was able to get overhead ringing to work (I programmed analog ext 17 to be in the incoming ring group), but was not able to get overhead paging to work.

Seems to me that if I just get the IPO out of basic mode (and can then build Short Codes) that I can get the overhead paging going by building a “dial direct” short code to point to that extension.

Will that work?

Thanks,
Chris

Paging is supported on analog station ports on Combo or Phone modules, select the Equipment Type on the Advanced page under Users.

No idea if you're going to need a matching transformer like you would in Essential edition.

You would still need a isolation transformer. We usually use the Valcom VMT-2, cost effective and a well packaged unit.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I believe it works like a partner system, try intercom 70 for paging once you have programmed the paging port.
Mike

I tried paging without the isolation transformer, the FXS port would sieze. isolation transformer worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back