Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging from another switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefboy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
US
How do I set up the intercom paging extension to work from a remote switch.

In other words, I want to be able to page people from the other location useing the already assigned number from the main location.

Both switches are connected by a T1.

Chefboy.

Dial the access code that you use to get internal dialtone at the remote switch and then dial the paging access code.
This is assuming that you can dial extension to extension accross the T-1 you mentioned.

Your assumption is correct I can dial ext. to ext. accross the T-1; however, I don't know what you mean by "dial the access code that you use to get internal dialtone." Where would I find that. To get an outside line I need to dial 9 first is this what you mean.

Chefboy

Do a LIST TRUNKS and see what the trunk access code (TAC) is for the T-1 trunk group that connects your two switches. Make sure that TAC access is stroked YES on that trunk group form. The form says DIAL ACCESS. When you dial this code you should get dialtone from the remote switch. Then you can dial the paging access code. This code can be found on CHANGE PAGING LOUDSPEAKER if you do not know what that one is.

This is easier for users:

Create an extension in the remote switch (2500, x-port) and forward it to your paging code. Then the first switch justs dials that like any other extension on that switch. I used this in a 3 switch network, since we had TAC dialing turned off.

Of course this assumes you have UDP.

Chris.

Thank you for all of your help. It turned out that my dial plan was wrong. I had DAC when I should have had EXT in the 8xxx block of the dial plan.

Chefboy

if you know the extension associated with paging group, set the UDP table to route the extension to the other PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back