Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging, Calendars & Message Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

causer21

Technical User
Jul 28, 2003
US
I need to have different actions activated for the same message record depending on what time or day of the week it is. Is there a way to do this?????
i.e. If a node goes down and it is Sunday, I want to send a page to the 24 hr engineer, but if the same node goes down on Monday at noon, I want an email sent to the team.
I tried to do this creating two message records the same and then based on the calendar it would perform the action. But it seemed to only use one or the other message records.

Hi
I've the same situation at my site.
You can create two msg. records with a wildcard (?) to make a diference bettwen them.
Then you assign a calendar for the Sunday msgrec.
Event Management, in the case of two identical MSGREC, takes the one with minor token number

Luck

Américo Alonso
Certified Unicenter Engineer
Sonda Uruguay S.A.
Tel./Fax: +598 2 917-0631
americo.alonso@sonda.com.uy

I have just joined the forum and reading through old entries and thought I'd put my 2 cents worth for the record.

If you are going to use 2 message records, you'll need to set the "search all records" flag on each, as the message you'll get in the logs will match both and you want BOTH msgrecords to be processed but only the one with the correct calendar to action.

You'd still be better off using a single message record and doing some evaluation based on day and time within the msgrecord. Eg have a TEST statement with the text line being something like
"&DAY" = "Saturday" -o "&DAY" = "Sunday"

we use this type of thing all the time to diffrentiate actions based on whether it's a weekend or a work day between 8am and 5pm.

Lara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back