Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging Amp? Option 11c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billb1981

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
I'm getting ready to switch over to VOIP, coming off a Option 11c system. Does the 11c have a separate paging amp, or is it built into the existing boxes?

No you need to buy one. you use a TRK port to connect to the paging system though

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

So I'm wondering where is the curren paging amp located on my system. I can't find it!

You may not have an amp. Look for a 24V power supply that is feeding the speakers.

The Nortel's do not have built in Paging Amps in any of there systems. How are you paging now?

We've got speakers which are run throughout our office, which I'm guessing also are pumping white noise through. Our recep presses a button, (which is just setup as a adl and that's the page feature)

Somewhere there needs to be a paging system on the phone room wall connected to a Trunk card in the phone system.

Prt the TNB of the Console and you will find the Access code for the Paging system.

Then prt the DNB of the Access code you got from the TNB and that will tell you what route the Paging system uses.

The do a LTM of the Route number and you will find the Trunks and follow them from the MDF to the Paging syatem.

ld 20
prt
pag

good place to start.. do you know the page code?
ld 20
prt
dnb

does your voip system offer an anaolg station or trunk interface.. if not your not going to have analog page access..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back