Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging across networked Merlin Magix systems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill712

Technical User
Oct 27, 2004
US
Okay, Avaya says it is not supported, I have heard that it can be done, but no one wants to say how it's done.

I have a good idea on how to do it but no ability to test it out. So I need your collective help!

Can you loudspeaker page across a networked Merlin Magix, and what is the best way to set it up!!!

I am thinking you just set up a couple of analog stations, but would appreciate any input from you guys to help me out!

As always Thanks!!!

Bill

Analog station into a "Centrex" paging adapter, feeding the input of the amplifier would work fine.

great touchtonetommy, as far as a "centrex" paging I assume your talking about a TAM-B unit or something like that?

Have you ever done this? Any programming things I would need to know? I know that the analog stations need to be in each switches non-local dialplans.

Thanks again
Bill

TAM-B would work fine - be sure to set a timer for maximum page time.

You could play with UDP, have the same local number to dial at each site for paging the other site, then use the UDP routing to delete and insert the correct extension number.

Thanks we will give it a shot when it comes time to set it up.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back