Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pagemaker to Indesign 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempe

Technical User
May 10, 2004
US
I've been working with Pagemaker for years and decided it's time to move to InDesign CS. I was just wondering if this forum will tolerate a novice to InDesign as myself. I bought David Bergsland's book "How to do everything with ID" and it got me off to a good start. I still have some "dummy" questions that my PM experience and the book doesn't answer. A little help goes a long way. Please advise. Thanks....

Ask away. Everyone in this forum was a novice in InDesign at one time. I would think that everyone is here because they want to share their knowledge and hopefully learn some new tricks from others at the same time.

It is my opinion that the person who thinks he knows it all, knows little or nothing. The more I learn, the more I know I still have to learn. There will always be easier, faster ways of doing things and someone will always want to push the program beyond what it is initially designed to do. That's half the fun!

It's a good idea to do a "keyword search" first just to make sure your question hasn't already been answered.

You can also ask questions at adobeforums.com but if you are truly concerned about tolerance for 'dummy' questions, you may like Tek-Tips best. This is a good community. We're all here to learn.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Please allow me to jump in with a question. I too have been Pagemaker bound for 10 years. I have to convert 10 years of work into Indesign files for conversion to PDF. This is the new workplace mandate to cut printing costs by going 100% electronic.
I am having several error messages when preflighting PDF's created from these files. Graphic and font issues. Could I possibly have too many checks for the preflight? How do you set up a preflight check that will identify real problems and result in error free printing. Anyone know how to decipher the error messages receieved in the preflight report? No directions on how to proceed are given.
I am seriuosly considering a new workplace. Sorry about these astronomical questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back