Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pagemaker freezes after rotating text 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggrraahhaamm

Instructor
Dec 15, 2002
GB
I have pagemaker installed on two diffferent but networked computers. After rotating text the machines freeze necessitating a reboot. Any ideas please

STOP ROTATING TEXT!!!

Seriously... How about some specs? Computer OS, PM version, ...does this happen on just one font or all?

Sorry that was my first post! Points taken,

Machines are AMD athlon 1600 running Windows 98
and Pagemaker 6.5, problem occurs on various fonts and graphics.

Help appreciated

Graham

Thanks to jimoblak
But have now managed to solve this on on my own, the machines were not my own but a client's so I only properly observed the problem today when I was physically at the machines; When I saw that the mouse also jumped a little, on occasion, it led me to alter the graphic hardware acceleration to zero! no problems any more.
Thank Goodness and greetings to all.

Hope this helps someone

Graham McHardy
Scotland.

Graham,
Thank you. Feedback helps everybody...

Cyberboy
Every computer is like a snowflake. There are no two alike.

Ggrraahhaamm,

Reducing graphic acceleration is one of the less known work-arounds. Glad that you figured it out. Have you made sure that you have the latest video drivers installed? A newer driver may allow you to increase acceleration a tad. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back