Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pagemaker Font Crazy!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olytrader

Technical User
May 8, 2002
US
I just got a new PS printer. It ias a HP 4MV. The printer works great with just about ALL my TT fonts AS LONG AS I AM IN A CHEAP PROGRAM LIKE PUBLISHER 97!!! Why is Pagemaker NOT cooperating with my printer? While in pagemaker, many fonts are substituted with courier! I am pretty sick of it to say the least! Anyone have the silver bullet? [mad]

Update to the Universal Postscript Driver in the Printer Drivers section on the Adobe Website under Other Downloads. Or, as a quick fix, shut down PageMaker, right click the printer in the printers control panel, go to Printing Preferences. Click Advanced, Go to Postscript Options, select Download True Type Fonts as Outline, instead of Automatic.

Restart Pagemaker and print.

It should work,

- Adobe Bob

Go to Start>Settings>Printer

Right click the PostScript driver you are using, and go to Properties.

Where you find the following settings may vary from driver to driver, but you'll probably need to click an
"Advanced Settings" button then a "Fonts" tab. (For example on my PS-clone Lexmark, I click the "Advanced" tab, then the "Printing Defaults" button, then the "Fonts" tab...you may have to poke around to find where to make these settings)

In the True Type Fonts box, set "Send to printer as" to OUTLINES.

Under font substitution table, set "download as soft font" for all true type fonts. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back