Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PageMaker 6.5 vs PageMaker 7.0 The Difference? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cledwards

Technical User
Aug 16, 2001
US
In your professional and personal opinion, what are the major differences between PageMaker 6.5 and 7.0? If you have experimented with 7.0, do you have a preference one way or the other? What are some of the vast improvements over the previous version? I'm curious as to what others think. Thanks for your responses.

I have just switched from 6.5 to 7.0; I do not see any "vast" improvements in the newer version. It's more like 6.5 with patches, and extra goodies in the goodies library (clip art stuff).

I am, however, experiencing a new set of unique problems to troubleshoot running 7.0. I'm seriously concerned that I may require a driver update to insure that Distiller 5.0 will transform PM's as well as it did for the previous version, but I am currently experiencing many 'glitches' in this distilling process.

I find Pagemaker 7.0 to be a halfhearted 'improvement' over its predecessor. At this stage, I wouldn't seriously recommend it to anyone over 6.5, because I don't think it will make your life that much better. Could even make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back