Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PageLoad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksbrace

Programmer
May 13, 2000
US
Hello,
Is there a way I can force a script to happen during the Page_Load in the code behind. I had it in the onload event of the aspx, but sometimes it is happening first and sometimes it isn't, when it doesn't it causes an error.

I don't know what your code says, but it sounds like you are having an OnPostback problem. Why don't you post some code so we can help more?
Phil

We are drowning in data, but we are starving for information.

abds,
Thanks for the reply. I don't believe it's an OnPostBack problem. I have 3 frames that I am working with. I have a tree, param, result frames. In the param, the user types in the search parameters, presses the search button in the param frame, it grabs data from the tree and then displays the results in result frame. My problem is that there is no consistent order in which the frames load, which will result in errors if it doesn't happen correctly. I originally had the tree selections passed in the querystring, which works great unless the user selects a lot of items in the tree, then the querystring exceeds the length limit. There are thousands of items in the tree frame, so if the user checks the Root, then the entire tree is selected, or a couple of the parent nodes of the tree, which also exceeds the querystring length limit. Thanks in advance.

e frames (sorry - had to) ;)

-----------------------------------------------
"The night sky over the planet Krikkit is the least interesting sight in the entire universe."
-Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back