Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pageing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeyasee

Programmer
Sep 22, 2001
SG
Hi Gurus,

I would like to get a great help from you.
I would like to page automaticaly by my oracle 8.1.7 DB.

I) Let me brief the available resources.

1.I installed 8.1.7 under Win2000 with OEM.OEM Works fine.
2.I have a NEC Pager.(Numeric)
3.I am in singapore ( there is no area code,only country
code and page number)
4.I have Oracle 8.1.7 Pager service( started)

II) I am testing the pager by OEM/Preference option.I am facing the following problems

1.It asks me to enter area code ( as i am in singapore,we don't have any area code.what to enter here?)

2.I tested with 0,it does not work.

III) Need Clarification:
1.IS the oracle 8.1.7 pager service is enough to send pager message or i need to get any interface software from NEC.

2.If oracle 8.1.7 is enough for sending pager message,what should i enter in area code box.

3.If any body successfully installed the above thing,kindly suggest me by step by step

Kinldy suggest me

Thankx
Jeyaseelan

I can't help you with that problem, but since your using Oracle software to be paged, I would suggest you open an issue with them.

I don't know about direct paging, but I HAVE set up systems before where I send messages to pagers by having Oracle email the paging service. I don't know if NEC offers this capability or not; however, if they do then having Oracle send the pager email might provide you with a workaround for this problem.

I try email notification on OEM to my yahoo email, but never work. Is yahoo email SMTP? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back