Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PageFrames with NO tabs in VFP 6.0 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJVisuaL

Programmer
May 31, 2000
US
hey guys.. a little glitch in VFP6.0

make a simple form with a pageframe (2 or more tabs)
then change the properties to show "no tabs"
compile and run... if you click above the top border (where the tabs would normally be) you can still change to different pages!? Why is this? Is this fixed in 7.0?

Anyways I want to make my program "wizard-like".. you know with the back and next buttons as seen in wizards.. PageFrames is the only way I see it can be done but I can't have the users clicking on different pages because the current page must be completed before you move to the next.

The only way I see to do it is to move the pageframe up behind the title bar so it is impossible to click the top portion.. or I could put some control over the top of the area where the tabs would be so the user can't click there??

Or maybe there is an easier way to create "wizard-like" programs in VFP6.0? I was thinking about containers but I couldn't find a way to hide a container in the form editor and it just became a mess with all of the buttons from the previous sections showing through..

I may be just to green to know how.. but that's why I'm asking here I guess LoL
any help is appreciated!

-DJ

VFP 7 does NOT exhibit this "glitch" behavior. In your case I would add code to the Activate() method of the page objects to stop the user from continuing on to the next page until they have finished entering the pertinent information on their current page. Slighthaze = NULL

Another option would be to set
PageFrame1.Page2.Enabled = .F.

until Page1 is completed, and so on.
Dave S.

Set the pageframe's BorderWidth property to zero while Tabs = .T.

Then when you set Tabs=.F., there will not be anything to click on.

-- Ed
-- Get great VFP support in a new forum filled with Microsoft MVPs!
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back