Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page While on Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

markatcristorey

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2009
US
Hi --

I'm looking to see if there's a way to page a phone while it's on a call. I don't think there is, and I've tried a bunch of settings to see, but it would really help me out a lot if there was a way to send a page to a phone while it's in-use.

Thanks!

That only works for phone calls though, right? I have tried this and it didn't appear to affect paging at all.

It is not possible to break in with a page or Voice Call.

I take it you are trying to page all users on the phone?
Being specific as to what you are trying to do will help.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Just paging all phones whether they are in-use or not. We use the page function a ton, and phones in-use don't receive pages. I don't know of any way to page a phone that's on a call, but I figured I'd ask, to see if there's a setting I'm not aware of.

and phones in-use don't receive pages"
And so they shouldn't.

This is exactly why overhead paging or cordless phones are used.

Imagine the horror of trying to have a conversation with somebody only to be constantly interrupted by somebody looking for somebody else in your ear.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks all. Didn't think it was possible, but wanted to ask the experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back