Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Up/Down in vi/vim

Status
Not open for further replies.

razalas

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
US
Moving from SCO 5.0.6 to Linux Redhat 2.6.9-55.EL (?)

Am missing that the PageUp and PageDown keys were recognized by vi on sco as ^b and ^f.

Is it possible to map these keys (pageup/pagedown) in vim on Linux to ^b and ^f? If so, how do you specify "pageup" and "pagedown" keys? When I press them, I don't get anything.

Or do I need to defines those keys elsewhere in the system? PageUp and PageDown work elsewhere in our applications.

TIA

Code what you mean,
and mean what you code!
But by all means post your code!

Razalas

ctrl-f and ctrl-b work just fine for me and I didn't do anything to get it to. Using pclinuxos 2007.

Perhaps an vim upgrade?

pavNell,

<ctrl-f> and <ctrl-b> work fine for me too. I was lamenting that I have to use those instead of being able to use PageUp and PageDown.

I am still learning, but it appears that vim uses PageUp and PageDown for manual folding. And since folding appears to be something that I should find very useful, I guess I am going to have to just learn to use <ctrl-f> and <ctrl-b>.

thanks anyway

Code what you mean,
and mean what you code!
But by all means post your code!

Razalas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back