Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Size / print version

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdjmorgan

Programmer
Jan 31, 2002
GB
I want to be able to set the page size to say 800 by 600. Is this possible and if so how?

I also want to be able to create a printable version of my web pages. Is this possible and if so what is the easiest way to go about it?

Thanks in advance

JayM

are they dynamic pages?
the easiest would have been if you accounted for this from the begining and designed with this in mind...hard to say what is the easies way without knowing the content of the page...my guess at this point is stripping html tags and making as simple as possible copy of the page....
write some more about your pages or post URL.
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

[URL unfurl="true"]http://mostarnet.com[/url]

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Hi thanks for your reply.
I am just starting out with my pages really.
My intention is to create an office manual for intranet use.
I was looking at having a logo at the top of the page which is an image that is 800 wide (at the mo!). With links for content, appendices etc at the top and then nav buttons on the right hand side for each of the chapters.
I will look into dynamic pages but if anyone has any pointers or pages that might give me inspiration I would be very grateful.
I have completed a basic course on dreamweaver but this is very limited.

Thanks again

JayM

Forgot to mention I was going to use my image as a background so that I could put some links across part of it.

hi rdjmorgan,
dynamic pages are that much more rich in options and all but considering that you are just getting started I would stick with html.
in controlled environment using frames may not be that bad of choice...again in Controlled environment ...(you know what browser will always be used etc.) and you can have a simple print option to print the 'content page' or frame holding it....
another option would be using some javascript:

another way would be using CSS:

Ultimatly you would need to spend some time looking arround in:

Again, sorry if some of the concepts here are alreay what you looked into but can't hurt to have more options.

All the best!

fugitive.gif

Thanks for your help with this - useful links

Hopefully i will get something off the ground shortly.

Can anyone recommend any good Dreamweaver books or books on CSS for a Novice

belive it or not help file with DW is actually good....examples are boring and dry at first but will cover quite a bit of concepts...also look into References that come with DW.

u can look into:

dont go out and just pick any book and waste your $ before you read though help files...u will find that a lot of 'starter books' are nothing but dw help file in print.

For a specific book...well...depends what is it that you want to learn/create...what type of site...dynamic/static/flash oriented site...etc.
All the best!

fugitive.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back