Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page numbering using the printer object

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxdragon

Programmer
Feb 6, 2001
US
I have several documents printing in a loop. At the begining of the page I use Printer.Page to get the page number, if the document exceeds a page then I use Printer.Newpage to increment it. At the end of the page I use a Printer.EndDoc to end the print job then continue printing the next document.
What happens is the first page prints with a page 1, every page after that prints a page 2 on it. I have tried placing the Printer.EndDoc in different places and even tried forcing Printer.Page to 1. It either errors out or continues to print page 2.

The printer.newpage increments the page number. I'm starting a new document so I need to start at page one. Well maybe I'll have to do it the old fashioned way and keep track of the pages myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back