Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page numbering in pdf 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubi

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2001
US
Hi,

I am using Acrobat 5.0. Does anyone know if there is a way to page number a pdf document?

Thanks.

Acrobat does not have a page-numbering tool. You have to do it manualy using TouchUp-text tool in the full version or use a 3th party tool to do it. e.g. look at Enfocus PitStop Pro, this plug-in for Acrobat has page-numbering ability.

Thank you. I will check this out.

Thank you very much! The utility works.

If you really want a powerful tool for this go to
The good folks at fytek are giving away free a dll and example program that will do this and more. You can write your own programs to interface with the dll or use the standard programs that come with the download. My hats off to them.

>FyTek's PDF Meld allows you to manipulate pages from existing PDF files. There are three main functions the software performs:
Combine multiple PDFs into a single PDF file
Pull pages from a PDF into a new PDF
Overlay pages from one PDF file onto the pages of a second PDF
Page numbers may be added to the output PDF. In addition, you may also set the document title, subject, author, creator and producer. See the chart below to download your free copy for personal use.<

This site is excellent. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back